Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 64ram xp pro 128 would be nice  (Read 3352 times)

Zukru

64ram xp pro 128 would be nice
« on: May 07, 2005, 05:31:55 PM »
I put this, TX97-X Asus togther from scratch literaly, It only takes sdram, I put this 128 card into it but she only recognises 64ram. Do I have to update my bios to do this? seems a little tricky to me  ???
                                                                     ,Zukru

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: 64ram xp pro 128 would be nice
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 08:50:47 PM »
Where do you see that there is only 64 MB? Also, you are SUPPOSED to have 256 MB of RAM for XP...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Zukru

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 10:50:14 AM »
hello Flame,
Yes im runing xp pro with 64ram, I took out the xp fancy look, In the perforrmance options. It runs fine, 98 would not recognise my AirPlus Xtreme G PCI Wireless Adapter card, this motherboard duz not have small ram sticks in it only the long large size SDram I belive. I have a 128 card in it and she wont run it all only half of it, I heared though the grape vine, that i would have to update my bios in order for my asus to recognise the 128ram, is this true? I builded this PC my self from the ground up with older wareware  :D  hellya fun, got to start some where.
                                                                       ,Zukru

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 03:48:52 PM »
Yes... I think that updating your BIOS would help... Try it, and get back with us...

[glb]Flame[/glb]