Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ME and refurb computer problems  (Read 2229 times)

toddallman

ME and refurb computer problems
« on: May 07, 2005, 04:47:56 PM »
I bought a refurb from Tiger Direct (IBM)  It is gonna be used in my studio for small small tasks.  The only problem is it has no OS.  I am trying to load ME on it but it gets to the restart stage and when it comes back on it has the same no OS message as when I started loading the OS.  Any help on this one.  Is it the partition or something.  I am ata loss.  Maybe I got screwed!  Hope not. ???

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: ME and refurb computer problems
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 08:54:38 PM »
Maybe, but first... Have you ever used that ME CD before? ME is the WORST OS that you can find from Microsoft... Might want to consider another version...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

charliebrown

Re: ME and refurb computer problems
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 10:39:24 PM »
Maybe, but first... Have you ever used that ME CD before? ME is the WORST OS that you can find from Microsoft... Might want to consider another version...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Agree...I tried ME as a W98 upgrade and went to 98SE instead on my old machine...much happier...one suggestion...come by a startup/system disk and boot with that and then run setup from the CD drive...I'd also reformat the hard drive first to get rid of any junk that may be interfering with the new OS setup.