Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer crashing, please help  (Read 2892 times)

LikwitJunky

computer crashing, please help
« on: May 06, 2005, 04:35:40 PM »
alright, my computer is randomly crashing in game, upon restart i submit the error report and get apon doing so microsoft gives me the error message "STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" I've reinstalled Video card Drivers (Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT Card) my BIO settings are all as they should be, I haven't recently installed any new hardware or software. Can anyone help me out with this!?

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: computer crashing, please help
    « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 04:43:05 PM »
    The Power of GOOGLE

SYMPTOMS
    When you run a video-intensive program, such as a movie or a video game, you may receive one of the following stop error messages and bugcheck information:
    STOP 0x000000EA, (0x81774538,0x81a8fc78,0x8193e490,0x00000001)
    THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
    Note that the four parameters after the stop code may be different.
    Back to the top

CAUSE
    This problem occurs because your computer has an Nvidia video card installed that uses the Nv4.sys video driver.

To see if your system is using one of these drivers use the following procedure: 1. Open Device Manager.
    2. Under the Display Adapters icon, click to highlight the display adapter, right-click it, and then click Properties.
    3. Under the Driver tab, press the Driver Details button to view the driver names.
    4. If you have multiple display adapters, repeat these steps for each adapter.
    If you have multiple Adapters in your system, it may be necessary to capture a memory dump and have it analyzed by Microsoft Product Support to determine which video adapter driver is at fault.
    Back to the top

RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, obtain an updated driver by contacting your video card manufacturer, or visit the following Nvidia Web site:
    http://www.nvidia.com
    Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

LikwitJunky

Re: computer crashing, please help
    « Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 10:42:17 PM »
    i've got the latest drivers, straight from the nvidia site already, thats the first thing i did. im just trying to exhaust every option before i go and blame it on the hardware, cause then i gotta send the *censored* card in for repair, assuming that even is the problem. :-/