Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Tell me about America!!  (Read 18271 times)

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • The wonders of modern technology.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Tell me about America!!
    « on: April 08, 2009, 01:09:29 AM »
    I would like to find out a bit about the real America. The good ( or bad ) places to live.
    The cost of cars, accommodation, housing, cost of fuel, local shops and so on.

If anyone feels like replying, Im most open to discovering some detail about different locations before I make plans to come over there. :)
    Thank you ImnoGuru. :)
    It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Tell me about America!!
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:12:39 AM »
    what about their friendly neighbors to the north?
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

fireballs

Apprentice

• Code:Terminal
      « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 03:05:20 AM »
      or just over the pond to the east?
      Next time google it.

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
        « Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 04:39:28 AM »
        Well yes, there too actually, I did want to go skiing in Canada, skidooing in Florida, wrestle a few alligators and see New York.
        Maybe even try some of the culinary delights of  Key Largo.
        It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
          « Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 04:47:13 AM »
          Thats OK Carbon thanks. I didnt know where to post this one.

Dustinator

Beginner
            « Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
            Colorado is the state where you can do most every thing on the same day you can ski in the mountains and a lot of the times when you come back you can go for a bike ride. Denver is a great city with loads to do but not crazy like a new york or Detroit our economy is stable with a lot of computer jobs and it does not cost a lot to live here if you want more info just ask.
            1 day I will get a faster computer.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Expert
            « Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 03:11:30 PM »
            The cost of cars, accommodation, housing, cost of fuel, local shops and so on.

I don't live there, but when I was there last May, everything was for literally nothing. Maybe that's just a contradiction of living in Ireland, but everything is ultimately half of what it is in here.

Hope that helps.... ;)

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 06:42:45 PM »
            This query would be far easier to answer if you gave some paramaters on cost of living; climate; potential job prospects; etc. etc.

America is a big place...
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
              « Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 08:15:10 PM »
              Thank you for taking the time to answer Dustinator, kpac, and patio. :D :D

This query would be far easier to answer if you gave some paramaters on cost of living; climate; potential job prospects; etc. etc.

America is a big place...

I totally agree patio.
              ATM air fares are soooooo cheap... so if I can get it all together??  I'd like to enter say on the west coast I suppose. Ive seen Hawaii but not the Islands yet, Im trying to plan that for on the way home.
              Then travel to Florida, and see Horatio Cane at work at C.S.I. headquarters (joke).

I could spend as much or little time there as I like at this point really. So about a year or so should be enough to start.
              Maybe a job along the way would help financially, Im easy there, I can wash dishes or get involved with the finance industry there or some thing in between.

Accommodation in the short term would be renting, boarding house, back packing type. So cheaper is better. Im not overly affluent, I have some money (not a great deal of money but enough to start with the travel part of the plan.)

Then if things go as planned maybe buy a car, ( lots of people have mobile homes, RV's, a good option) and travel around.

Maybe if I find a place I really like I might buy a couple of houses in different areas to generate some income while I'm there. Certainly worth investigating. 8)

Its a living plan, so at any time it might all come to an abrubt end. :'(

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
                • Yes
                • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
              « Reply #9 on: April 08, 2009, 10:21:22 PM »
              Ive seen Hawaii but not the Islands yet

???  Is not Hawaii the Big Island?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

mroilfield

Mentor
                • Yes
                • Yes
              « Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 11:31:29 PM »
              I live in Louisiana and things there are great. The food is excellent. People can be nice if you don't make us mad. Economy isn't hurting.

If you are planning on entering the country on the west coast and going all the way down to Florida I would suggest you rent a car and plan on taking about three weeks to get there. The U.S. is a large place and there are lots to see.

Who knows you might even be able to find some of the Computer Hope people during your journey that can take you around their part of the country and show you some stuff. I know that I would be more then glad to show you around some if you come thru my area.
              You can't fix Stupid!!!

Laska

Intermediate

• Tisn't the Spring Lovely
                « Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 11:49:05 PM »
                Alaska is a big place and a wonderful place But then Louisianna is Also truly wonderful and Exctiting Place except for the climate why would you ever consider to leave ?
                Max Wurl Ebus Pax Eterna  A Long Life Is God's Way Of Punishing Miserable People.

x2543

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 04:32:40 PM »
                ???  Is not Hawaii the Big Island?

When they say Hawaii, they mean that complete group of islands out in the pacific which includes all the 8 little destinations you can visit. But if you talk Hawaii itself, it's nickname is the Big Island.

I've wanted to go to Hawaii on vacation some day, everyone says it's one of the most beautiful places you just gotta see!

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
                  « Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 01:55:48 AM »
                  Aegis, I didnt really get to know much about Hawaii back then, it was only later that I found out that they called it the Big Island. When we got there our luggage was missing so we spent a lot of our time checking the airport lost and found and buying new stuff. It was great fun though, sensational beaches, and the transport system was the best idea I've ever seen.
                  Seeing we spent so much on clothing and going out, we missed out on trips to the other Islands.

If you are planning on entering the country on the west coast and going all the way down to Florida I would suggest you rent a car and plan on taking about three weeks to get there. The U.S. is a large place and there are lots to see.

Yep I just made a few calculations last night about that and came to about the same numbers.

Who knows you might even be able to find some of the Computer Hope people during your journey that can take you around their part of the country and show you some stuff. I know that I would be more then glad to show you around some if you come thru my area.

What a great offer, mroilfield, thanks heaps. If I cal pull it together Id love to have you show me around. ;D
                  That would make it a truely great experience, having local information. ;D ;) 8)

mroilfield

Mentor
                    • Yes
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 02:24:16 AM »
                  Not a problem just let me know once you head over to the states and we will see what we can coordinate
                  You can't fix Stupid!!!