Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Multiple IRP Requests Blue Screens  (Read 5014 times)

Paul Hen

Multiple IRP Requests Blue Screens
« on: May 08, 2005, 08:02:28 AM »
I am running Win XP SP2. I have Norton AV and Spybot on the machine. I image OS partition with Ghost. I have had ongoing problems with this machine having Multiple IRP Requests Blue Screens (known as Stop 44s). System Restore never works - I always have to restore an image. This happens any time I attempt to do windows updates or install/update most (but not all) software. I was running SCSI till I removed them yesterday. In the recent past have twice done a low level format and clean windows install only to eventually reach the same point of getting blue screens. I have seen this same blue screen on other machines quite a number of times but this one is horrible. I have an Agfa USB scanner on the machine but have tried disabling it duringa windows update but it made no difference. But I am a bit suspicious of it any way.  Anybody with any thoughts?

pcdoc4christ

Re: Multiple IRP Requests Blue Screens
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 08:55:37 PM »
Paul:

You need to contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix, as this knowledge base article recommends:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=867774

The phone number is 1-800-MICROSOFT.  Tell Gate's support team that Doc sent you.  ;D

Regards,
Doc
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 08:56:59 PM by pcdoc4christ »

Paul Hen

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 06:11:06 PM »
Thanks for your input Doc,

The KB article describes the problem but indicates Win 2000. I am running Win XP SP2.

Also, the problem deteriorated to the point where reinstalling an image previously restored and functional no longer worked as it resulted in the same stop 44 blue screen. Having hit the "end of the trail" I am reinstalling everything from scratch as I have before in the past. I removed my SCSI and modem cards in case they are a conflict. Also have a USB Agfa scanner E52 that I thought may have been an issue, but I am not sure - they ceased making scanners shortly after I bought it. I updated the Bios on the ATA100 card on the machine too. Any other thoughts?

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 07:10:14 PM »
Paul:

Sounds like you are doing the right thing by removing all but the essential hardware to install the operating system.  Let me know how it goes.