Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I can't hear sound  (Read 2604 times)

varsha

Topic Starter

I can't hear sound
    « on: April 08, 2009, 11:51:19 PM »
    wel...my operating system I am using  is windows XP...
    Some time ago by mistake I had erased my sound card software by mistake...now I have bought a new 1 and i hav installed it.I have even update my driver and al...am hearing sound only on windows media player...I can't hear sound on my flv player neither online...!! Why is it so?
    What should I do??
    It would be very kind of you people if you could help me... :'(
    Thank you very much in advance

varsha

Topic Starter

Re: I can't hear sound
      « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 11:53:39 PM »
      and yes by the way my sound card is crystal cm8738

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:26:55 AM »
      Is its possible that your default soundcard is still set to your onboard card?

Try changing it in the sounds and audip devices portion in the device manager

Only other thing is that ypu have it set to quad speakers, and you have it plugged into the reat set hole

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 07:52:41 PM »
        it should just be pnp unless it didnt which you may have to reset the card.  Also, check the wireing most people dont read the manual but check with it. 
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

richiehughes

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 06:53:18 PM »
          If you cannot hear sound only in one program when it will be an issue with the configuration of the application. Check in the preferences of the flv player for settings for audio. It may still be set to your old sound card for output. You may need to reconfigure the audio output settings.