Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Hard drive help?  (Read 2437 times)

bradconroy6

Topic Starter

Vista Hard drive help?
    « on: April 09, 2009, 01:44:31 PM »
    Okay, so I'm running an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC with a Samsung HM250JI hard drive (250 gb).  I don't know very much about computers so forgive me if I leave out important info.  I had XP installed for a year, and today I decided to reformat and install Vista.  When I bought my laptop I had XP installed, so I just used the Vista recovery disks Futureshop gave me.  I restarted and booted with them, and everything seemed to work great.  The problem I am having is that now Vista is telling me my hard drive has only 32 gb total, when I should have a lot more (I know Vista is big but seriously...).  I have tried changing the system restore settings and that didn't help at all.  I was wondering if it's possible that my computer didn't actually reformat and just add Vista on or something?  Any help would be really appreciate... thanks!

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Vista Hard drive help?
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 06:48:42 PM »
    Go Start, and in "Start search" type in:
    diskmgmt.msc
    Hit Enter.

What does Disk Management tell you about the hard drive?

bradconroy6

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 10:56:56 PM »
      That actually solved my problem, thanks a lot!  I found the other volume (?) of my hard drive and was able to extend the first part into the rest, thanks for the help! :)

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 10:59:16 PM »
      You're welcome :)