Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to Load 3rd Party Programs into IE  (Read 7389 times)

Jaeden09

Unable to Load 3rd Party Programs into IE
« on: May 10, 2005, 01:29:41 PM »
Ummm... My problem is really confusing... and I dont know what to do about it... Ok, Couple of weeks ago I started watching movies on www.ifilm.com. I didnt go there for a while since I had recently formatted my computer. Now I started going back and I try to watch movies and it ask me to pick a media player and I guess it scans my computer for installed media players. My problem is that it says I dont have any media players installed when in fact I downloaded quicktime and Realplayer from their link and installed them along with Windows Media Player 10 which was already installed... I also tried to run a speed test on my connection and I found out that my flash player which is Macromedia's Shockwave Flash player ALSO wouldnt load. So thats my problem... but the weird thing is... I can use Mozilla's FireFox and it ask me which player I want to use when I go to www.ifilm.com... and it shows ALL the players installed... so My guess is its something wrong with Internet Explorer but the thing is I reset all my settings to default on it and it still wont load anything.... Any Ideas to help me? Thanks for your time.

pcdoc4christ

Re: Unable to Load 3rd Party Programs into IE
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 07:31:34 PM »
Jaeden:

Need more info.  What operating system are you using?  What version of Internet Explorer (IE) are you using? (to find out, in IE click Help and select About Internet Explorer).

Let us know,
Doc

Jaeden09

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 06:28:53 AM »
Im using Windows XP Home Edition. And im using 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 version of IE. Anything Else?

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 12:02:18 PM »
Jaeden:

If you trust the Web site, you might try adding www.ifilm.com to the Internet Explorer (IE) trusted sites:

1. In IE, click Tools and select Internet Options.

2. In Internet Options, click the Security tab, click Trusted Sites and click the Sites button.

3. Clear the checkbox next to "Require server verification..."

4. Under "Add this Web site to the zone:" type www.ifilm.com and click the Add button.

5. Click OK, then click OK again to close Internet Options.

That just might do it.
Doc

Jaeden09

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 04:55:02 PM »
Nope... That didnt work either... Anymore ideas? can I can watch the stuff when I used FireFox... just not IE

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 05:31:30 PM »
Jaeden:

Try the Advanced tab in Internet Options; enable anything that you think may help.

Let us know if you have questions regarding anything you are unsure about enabling.

Jaeden09

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 09:40:15 PM »
Already tried that too... didnt work either... Also messed with my internet options/security/Internet Options... didnt work either.. It cant be my firewall because the files play when I run Mozilla... just not IE..

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 05:01:05 AM »
Jaeden:

Does ifilm.com require that Java scripting be enabled?  It is not even supported in IE 6 by default and the only way to enable it is to download and install the free Java machine.  This may explain why Mozilla is able to do what IE cannot.  Check the ifilm.com Web site support to see if Java is required.

Regards,
Doc

« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 05:01:47 AM by pcdoc4christ »

Jaeden09

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 10:24:15 PM »
Minimum System Requirements * 233MHz Intel Pentium II processor * 64MB of RAM * 56Kpbs modem * 16-bit sound card and speakers * 65,000-color video display card at 800x600 resolution * Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4 or later * DirectX version 3.0 or later * IE 5.0 or later * Netscape 4.7 or later Recommended System * 300 MHz Intel Pentium III processor or greater * 128MB of RAM * DSL/ADSL/Cable Modem * Full Duplex sound card and speakers * 65,000-color video display card at 800x600 resolution * Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4 or later * DirectX version 8.0 or later * IE 5.0 or later, OR * Netscape 4.7 or later Browsers: * IE 5.0 or later * Mozilla 1.1 and associated Gecko Engines (AOL 8.0 or later, Netscape 7.0 or later) Media Players: * Windows Media Player Version 7 or better * Real Player 8 or RealOne * QuickTime 5

Thats the requirements to watch the movies... None of that is a problem... Dont see anything about java... I did a "find on this page" on the FAQ page and typed in "Java" and didnt get anything... Any other ideas?

Jaeden09

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 10:25:37 PM »
Minimum System Requirements * 233MHz Intel Pentium II processor * 64MB of RAM * 56Kpbs modem * 16-bit sound card and speakers * 65,000-color video display card at 800x600 resolution * Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4 or later * DirectX version 3.0 or later * IE 5.0 or later * Netscape 4.7 or later Recommended System * 300 MHz Intel Pentium III processor or greater * 128MB of RAM * DSL/ADSL/Cable Modem * Full Duplex sound card and speakers * 65,000-color video display card at 800x600 resolution * Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4 or later * DirectX version 8.0 or later * IE 5.0 or later, OR * Netscape 4.7 or later Browsers: * IE 5.0 or later * Mozilla 1.1 and associated Gecko Engines (AOL 8.0 or later, Netscape 7.0 or later) Media Players: * Windows Media Player Version 7 or better * Real Player 8 or RealOne * QuickTime 5

Thats the requirements to watch the movies... None of that is a problem... Dont see anything about java... I did a "find on this page" on the FAQ page and typed in "Java" and didnt get anything... Any other ideas?

Mac

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 03:59:43 AM »
Is it just that Firefox is set as your default browser and you need to make IE the default browser?