Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lockout after screen safer  (Read 3173 times)

Bobh

Lockout after screen safer
« on: April 10, 2009, 08:48:27 AM »
After my screen saver runs for a while , I want to get back to where I was.  I move my mouse and the screen changes to one with a picture and the words "lock out"  and "change users".  When I click on the picture the screen changes to what I was working on before.  I know there is a way to get around the "lock out" but I have forgotten.  Can someone give me the way to delete the "lock out"?  Thanks  Bob

Bobh

Re: Lockout after screen safer
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 10:49:26 AM »
I forgot .  I am running Windows Vista Home basic.

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 01:30:51 PM »

Bobh

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 03:56:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply but it may work for an xp but I could not get it to give me the same answer.  I want to eliminate the lock out entirely.  This is a home computer and nobody except myself will be looking at it.  Thanks   Bob

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar

Bobh

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 07:32:53 PM »
Harry
Did not find what I was looking for.  I know there is a way to get rid of that locked place because until changed security it was never there.  I can not go back with a restore because all the restore points that far back are gone.  Maybe Microsoft gave me an upgrade and took away the way to cancel that lock out.  That is possible.  Thanks for your reply.   Bob

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 08:08:49 AM »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Bobh

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 09:41:16 AM »
Patio
I ran the suggested program using option two (I could not get option one to run) and could not see any change.  I may have not made myself clear about what I am trying to do.  I do not want to get rid of my screen saver.  What I want to get rid of is the lock page that comes up when I move the mouse after the screen saver has been running.  Thanks   Bob

Dias de verano

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 10:13:40 AM »
The login after screensaver being enabled without the user doing anything can point to a malware infection.

Quote from: Bobh
until changed security it was never there.

What does this mean?

Have you tried these steps?

1.      Right click an empty area of your desktop
   2.      Select Personalize
   3.      Select Screensaver
   4.      Remove the checkmark from the checkbox titled: On resume, display logon screen
   5.      Click OK

Bobh

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 12:20:20 PM »
Dias de verano
Thank you.  Your suggestion worked!! It did away with the lock out that came after screen savers,  I had tried everything I could thing of but nothing worked.  Thanks again.   Bob