Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Serious problems with both IE and Firefox  (Read 3085 times)

czmoney

Serious problems with both IE and Firefox
« on: April 11, 2009, 09:38:32 AM »
I tried upgrading to IE8 on Thursday night and something went very wrong.  Now I have no toolbar in Internet Explorer (no 'Tools' option, no 'Home' Icon, etc.), I cannot download anything (I don't even get the option to run a file).  Also, I cannot even open Firefox.  When I click on the Firefox icon, nothing happens.  I tried uninstalling and can't even do that.  I tried System Restore - it only lets me go back to the beginning of March, so I tried that but no luck. 

Metal Messiah

Beginner
    Re: Serious problems with both IE and Firefox
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 11:48:21 AM »
    If you try this.

Start > run.  Copy and paste the link below in to the box.  This should force (I hope) the browser to open the link.  This is for IE7.  See if it lets you download this and then run it.  Hopefully it will force a rollback to IE7.  If it does restart the PC, it should prompt you to do this anyway if it works.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9AE91EBE-3385-447C-8A30-081805B2F90B&displaylang=en

I take it you've tried to remove it from control panel and going in to Add or Remove Programs?

Rgds,
    MM :)
    The time is near
    The day has dawned
    Be prepared
    For what's to come.... Metal Messiah

From a Judas Priest song, guest where took my name from