Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new assembled pc don't continue booting  (Read 2032 times)

bluedelrey

new assembled pc don't continue booting
« on: April 20, 2009, 01:37:07 PM »
Hi can somebody help me?
I assembled a desktop, after booting I need to select how to start the pc. Whatever I selected like Safe mode or Last good configuration the system shutdown and restart again but only up to slection of how to start the pc.
My hardware: (new motherboard supporting 478 processor with 24pin connector for power supply) (250gb sata hard disk with xp professional os) (old intel478 processor) (old atx 20 pin power supply) (dvd rom).
I have the cd driver for the board but not able to install because of the problem. I wondering if the 20pin power supply connected t0 24pin power supply connector of the board cause this or my processor is not functioning since I just got it from a friend of mine.
I'm on my way exploring pc assembly and its a fulfillment for me if I can assembled and run my own pc, hope somebody can help me.
Thanks in advance!

DA8686

Beginner
    Re: new assembled pc don't continue booting
    « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 02:42:58 PM »
    Check your motherboard manual.  The 24 pin MAY work, but most will not.  You can also get a 20 pin to 24 pin converter.

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: new assembled pc don't continue booting
    « Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 01:14:48 AM »
    You installed a new motherboard?

Then you have to reinstall XP, because the chipset drivers it is trying to load are entirely different :)

I myself am running an intel core 2 duo on a 20 pin ATX power supply + 4 pin ATX connector, so that is not the issue.

Reinstall XP, even if it is a repair, and it will work just fine :)