Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dvd volume  (Read 1842 times)

dvdproblem

dvd volume
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:10:56 AM »
My DVD play movies, but even when the volume is set at 100%, I can't hear the voices.

KingPincer

Intermediate

Re: dvd volume
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 09:26:26 AM »
    What are you using speakers or headphones? Be sure that they are connected properly to your sound card.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 03:40:24 PM »
    Make sure your sound output options match your speaker setup. On 5.1 output from a DVD, the voice is typically put out through the center channel only. If you output 5.1 audio to say 4.1 or two speaker setups, there is no center speaker and the voices will be lost, but most of the other sounds will be heard fine. This is can be fixed by changing various settings, depending where exactly the problem lies (DVD player settings or sound card settings).

Can you give more info? What program are you using to play your DVDs? What sound card do you have? What is your speaker setup?

Custom-IT

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 07:12:41 PM »
      If you still have problems it could just be the recording/copy...?

Does this occur with all DVDs?

If so, you could try VLC Media Player as you can turn up the volume to more than 100%. You can download it from here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
      Custom I.T. Computer Services
      www.custom-it.co.uk