Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I'm a Beginner W/a SIMPLE QUESTION on Windows Vista about File Folders  (Read 2932 times)

Dunnrichleedelacruz

Topic Starter

I'm a BEGINNER with operating PC'S especially with Windows Vista.

I have Created a MAIN Folder and named it "Tim's Songs" for my MP3's and I also added  subfolders, for songs That isn't NEW. I have changed the properties on the MAIN  folder that I created for my MP3's .

SO HERE'S WHAT I EXACTLY DID I Right-Click my MP3 folder and clicked PROPERTIES to change the settings. In the properties option, under the customize section it ask "WHAT KIND OF FOLDER DO YOU WANT?" and right under it It said "USE THIS FOLDER TYPE AS A TEMPLATE:" so then I choose the "MUSIC DETAILS" option. I also checked the box to apply this template it to ALL Subfolders. NOW the MP3 folder that i made and all the subfolders in it has the same folder name, it's just that the text color   changed into a blue text. So my folder named "Tim's Songs" has the same name but looks like this in blue, "Tim's Songs".

Is there any reason why it dose that?

Also is compressing My MP3 folder's contents and all its subfolder a beneficial thing to do? Why?

reply back asap thanks

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Actually, sounds like you've already compressed them. The two reason folders usually have blue names in Vista is either because they're compressed and encrypted.