Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AVG Free anti-virus  (Read 2886 times)

gamegarro

AVG Free anti-virus
« on: April 12, 2009, 10:42:27 PM »
AVG Free anti-virus

AVG Free Edition is the well-known antivirus protection tool. AVG Free is available free of charge to home users for the life of the product.

Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product, thereby providing the high level of detection capability that millions of users around the world trust to protect their computers. AVG Free is easy to use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements.Highlights include automatic update functionality, the AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run, free Virus Database Updates for the lifetime of the product, and AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected iles.Version 8.5 now includes LinkScanner Active Surf-Shield to check every Web page for threats at the only time that matters.

Jo Lynch said,AVG has become popular virus cleaner over the past few years, and virus writers will often try to disable or evade widely used programs. That's why it's a good idea to run secondary checks either online or by using an alternative program from time to time.

Fortunately there are at least three good free clean virus programs: AVG, Avast!, and Avira AntiVir. (Comodo is another option, but I have not tried it.) Nowadays, some antivirus programs insist on being the only one installed. If so, turn it off and run Kaspersky's free standalone  Virus Removal Tool as a double-check. This is more comprehensive than Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool.

offical site: AVG Free - Download antivirus and antispyware software for Windows XP and Vista

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: AVG Free anti-virus
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:56:44 PM »
i dont think your telling people anything they dont already know