Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Downgraded from Vista to XP and now numerous drivers aren't installed.  (Read 3452 times)

milesman

Topic Starter

Beginner

Hello,

I've downgraded from Windows Vista Ultimate back to XP Home Edition. The disk I used was the 2002 version of XP, never opened and had been sitting in a box for quite a while now. When I try to go to dxdiag.exe, I go to the directx page. It says that my current video driver does not support direct3D. And I am a game designer so that is a problem. I've had this problem before and have been able to fix it. I went to device manager, and it stated that my video controller, network controller, and my Ethernet controller did not have drivers. So, I tried to find the driver manually, but none of them were supported. I remember when I first got my laptop it had the Intel RADEON 8500 family driver. So, my second resort was to go to a website and download one of there driver check tools that would download the appropriate driver. Problem is, my internet driver is not installed! (Like I said earlier) SO WHAT DO I DO?! My thought is that because my laptop was newer than the XP software, the software didn't come with the appropriate drivers for my laptop. Or at least out dated one's. Please Help Me! ???         
    (| Cha Cha Cha!

Mark747

Rookie

There'll be drivers, I'm pretty sure of that...  well, mostly I'm sure.
      I've just spent a very challenging week getting my new laptop rolled back to XP from Vista, so I can probably give a couple of tips depending on what type of machine you have.

Can you tell us exactly what type of computer you have?  Brand, model, etc...

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Windows won't have all your laptop drivers...the manuf. site is where to get them if you don't have the laptop's Driver CD that ships with the machine...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

milesman

Topic Starter

Beginner

I have a Dell inspiron 9200 windows xp service pack 1.
        Intel Pentium M/Centrino
        1.60 GHz
        598MHz
        1.00 GB RAM
         ;)
        (| Cha Cha Cha!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        Dell inspiron 9200 windows xp

Do NOT get drives from other places until you first try the Dell Web Site:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INS_PNT_P4_9200&os=WW1&osl=en