Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: COMPUTER RESTARTED BY ITSELF!!! HELP!!!  (Read 2262 times)

jack1989

Topic Starter

COMPUTER RESTARTED BY ITSELF!!! HELP!!!
    « on: April 14, 2009, 03:11:44 AM »
    This is the second time my computer has restarted by itself in 2 days, i used my Trend Mirco and Malwarebytes and searched there are no virus' on my computer, my computer doesnt all of a sudden restarts, first it ends all my programs then it goes about how a computer normally restarts... what on earth is happening to my computer do i have some sort of new virus or something?

jack1989

Topic Starter

Re: COMPUTER RESTARTED BY ITSELF!!! HELP!!!
      « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 03:14:37 AM »
      Also how to stop this from happening in the future, a box comes out and it says that my progam is about to end now and everything ends then it restarts whats going on... i hate computers

KingPincer

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 06:23:35 AM »
        Looks like a virus does the message says "close your applications" something like that and it will have a timer. Is that what the message says?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 06:25:38 AM »
        To stop the restarts go to Control Panel/System/Advanced/Startup and Recovery and uncheck auto start on errors...
        You will now get BSOD error messages instead of restarts...copy down all the info from the Blue screen including the gibberish and post it here...
        This will give us a clue as to what's causing the issue.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Shandy

Intermediate
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 06:44:01 AM »
          Download Hijackthis and run a scan + save log file. Post that log here, I'd bargain that something will show up.