Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hello! any operatin system experts can help ? " Memory placement "  (Read 2634 times)

aneesz

hello all :)

i am a newbie as u can see :P i was searching for a good forum to post my question and i found this , i hope i can find the answer here.

well, i am taking an Operating system class at the university, and we have a task about the Memory placement!

what is required that we should make Four different Scenarios for the memory placement strategies! :

" first fit "
" next fit "
" best fit"
" worst fit"

each scenario contain of four different Requests, and four Holes to place that requests.

BUT , each scenario must only work for that method!

ex) first fit scenario will work only on first fit and any other strategy will fail to place the requests on it!

i hope i explained about what i am straggling around here :'( been trying so long and its just not working with me

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Hello! any operatin system experts can help ? " Memory placement "
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »
Moss t of us do not do memory management, it is don by the operating system. Some types of operations work best when the memory is contiguous.  That is, all the memory needed by a task is all in one area with no 'holes'.

For help with the problems given, you need to consult you text box to understand what the issues are.

" first fit "
" next fit "
" best fit"
" worst fit"

Have to be understood in the context of the book  you are working with.

Some technology in use today resolves the issue at the hardware level, so it becomes a pointless exercise to study this, expect it helps you learn how to study. Which may be the real objective of the course.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 04:49:51 PM »
Actually this sounds more like a logic puzzle than a hardware question...

You have 2    5 gallon containers.
You need to measure out 3 Gallons of water.

How do you do it ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 05:02:26 PM »
Lol patio