Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LAPTOP: CRAP ! CRAP! & MORE CRAP...HELP PLEASE  (Read 3150 times)

manoman

LAPTOP: CRAP ! CRAP! & MORE CRAP...HELP PLEASE
« on: April 17, 2009, 01:48:07 AM »
OK, HERE IS THE PATH TO MY CRAP.  I HAVE A GATEWAY AND IT PASSES THE HDD, THEN ON TO A BLACK SCREEN, WHICH SAYS, " BOOTMGR MISSING.

I HAD THE OPERATING SYSTEM DISK IN, SO I HAD THE THING WORKING UP TO THE POINT OF IT LOADING FILES, BUT AS IT GOT TO THE EXSPANDING FILES, IT LOOKED LIKED IT WAS DOING ITS JOB, BUT IT STOPS THERE, THEN GIVES A CODE.

I PUSH RESTART, OR SHUTDOWN. NEXT, START ALL OF THE ABOVE, AND IT JUST REPEATS ALL OF THE ABOVE.

ON THE BLACK SCREEN WHEN IT SAYS HIT ANY KEY TO PLAY CD OR DVD, I HAVE TO HIT IT, SO THAT THE LOADING OF WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM DOES ITS JOB (ALL OF THE ABOVE AS STATED), IF I DO NOT HIT ANY KEY AT THAT POINT, IT SAYS, "BOOTMGR IS MISSNG.

I USED REPAIR, RESTORE, AND BACK UP DISK, ALL DO NOTHING TO FIX ANY OF THE ABOVE.

I WAS ON THE COMMAND PROMPT AND EVEN TYPED IN SETUP, SO THAT IT LOADS THE DISK IN DRIVE D: I HAVE USED SO MANY DISKS TO HELP ME OUT, BUT NOT ONE WILL EVER CHANGE MY NIGHTMARE,

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME THE TRUTH, SO THAT I CAN MOVE ON AND GET OUT OF THIS PIT?

I CAN EVEN PAY........JUST SAY IT.......

IF NOT, THEN DO I JUST BUY A NEW ONE? THIS ONE IS ONLY 4 YRS. OLD. I HAVE PRECIOUS FILES HERE.

THANKS

Reno

Hopeful
    Re: LAPTOP: CRAP ! CRAP! & MORE CRAP...HELP PLEASE
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 02:10:55 AM »
    turn off caps lock

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 03:57:10 AM »
    Manoman - Welcome to the CH forums.

Please calm down, shouting at us (using caps) will not get you anything except ignored.

Your choice of Subject ensures that some of the better advisers on this forum will ignore your post.

Please read this..

Quote from: manoman
    BUT AS IT GOT TO THE EXSPANDING FILES, IT LOOKED LIKED IT WAS DOING ITS JOB, BUT IT STOPS THERE, THEN GIVES A CODE.

That "code" is probably indicating what your problem could be and from that code we might be able to come up with a cause and/or cure.  Please ensure that any displayed error messages are posted.

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 07:38:10 AM »
      Need...more...info...gasp  :P

Operating system / antivirus & antispyware protection / service packs installed / when did it start happening / did it ever work right / installed any new software?

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!