Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Weird happenings with Yahoo Hosting  (Read 3043 times)

rbilleaud

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Weird happenings with Yahoo Hosting
    « on: April 17, 2009, 06:59:52 AM »
    This isn't a design question per se, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever run into this before.  I'm creating a website hand coded in classic HTML and using Yahoo! Small Business for my hosting.  One one page, I noticed a problem with one of my images, so I fixed the image locally, deleted the image on Yahoo through File Manager and uploaded the new image.  When I reloaded the page, the old image was still showing up.  I repeated the process several times to make sure that I wasn't missing something and kept getting the same result.  So as a test, I deleted the image entirely so that the code would have nothing to point to.  I closed my browser, relaunched, checked the file manager to ensure that there was no image named what I had named it and opened the webpage.  That same image was still there.  So the question is, has anyone encounted this "ghost image" problem before, and if so what causes it.  I thought it might be that the cookie was simply reloading the cached page with the image intact, but wouldn't closing the browser resolve that issue?

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Weird happenings with Yahoo Hosting
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 07:33:01 AM »
    Did you clear the cache (on the page hold CTRL and press R)?

rbilleaud

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Weird happenings with Yahoo Hosting
      « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 08:10:06 AM »
      Yeah, I figured it had to be a caching issue. It didn't occur to me at first and I ended  up working around it by renaming my image file, but clearing the cache will tell me for sure if that's the issue.