Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: blue screen - memory dumping  (Read 3855 times)

jay_floyd

blue screen - memory dumping
« on: May 10, 2005, 02:45:58 PM »
Kids computer started getting blue screen stating memory dumped shutdown / restart.  Tried to install virus prtoection buts error message pops up and shuts down again.   Need help  Was able to remove ad ware in safe mode.  still no help.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: blue screen - memory dumping
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 04:12:58 PM »
Probably a virus... Man, I wish you had protection...  :-/

[glb]Flame[/glb]

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 05:32:58 PM »
Jay:

Flame is likely on to something, but please provide more info.  When the blue screen of death (BSOD) appears, what *exactly* does the error message say?  Does it have the word STOP followed by 0x000000yy (where yy represents two numbers or a number and a letter)?  If so, please write down the stop error number and let us know what it is.  

If there is not a stop error, please write down exactly what the error says and leave a reply for us so we may look it up.  One of us will tell you what to do next.

Also, if you know, please tell us what happened just prior to the BSOD.  Did your son/daughter install a new game?  Did you add a new expansion card?  Do you have some evidence that the computer is infected with a virus?

Regards,
Doc

jay_floyd

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 08:17:03 PM »
after stop :  ist one last letter A
                  followed by four  others with  0xFFB14000
                                                                  0x00000000
                                                                   0x00000002
                                                                    0x8050E84E
Not sure what was installed or how long it was acting up.  I do know of lime wire installation previously  with music downloading.  Just finished running s-t-r-i-n-g-e-r from floppy in safe mode .  No virisus found but still same issuejay-flo

jay_floyd

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 10:37:35 PM »
hey guys heres an update.  I was able to boot up in safe mode and able to surf.  I went to house call antivirus and was able to download and am embarrased to say that housecall found 67 trojan viruses.  Ran the scan three times and the numbers finally went to ZERO!!!  Surfing ok and just wanted to say thanks for the info and pointers , must go now I need to add my norton to this computer before its too late

thanks..............

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 11:49:50 AM »
Glad to hear it, Jay!

Another good call by Flame.  :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 11:50:31 AM by pcdoc4christ »