Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: TCP/IPv4?  (Read 9541 times)

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
TCP/IPv4?
« on: April 18, 2009, 05:10:08 AM »
There is some thing that have goon on my nerves for a week now and it's the TCP/IPv4

I'm trying to LAN whit some friends and using hamachi and I did some googeling and found that I have to make hamachi firts on my LAN list witch I have don. And then I have to disable TCP/IPv6 and change some stuff in TCP/IPv4... but I cant find TCP/IPv4 in the list and it's not in the install list ether.

and then I read some where that I must have vista to get TCP/IPv4 but then it most be a way to get it on XP but I haven't find any guides on XP and I'm sure that if this was the truth there most be some one who have made a guide to XP...

so do anyone know how to get it?
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: TCP/IPv4?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 05:36:25 AM »
Can you explain more specifically what you're trying to do? Are you trying to use this with a particular game?

I've used Hamachi on several XP computers and never had to adjust any TCP/IPv4 or v6 settings.

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 06:06:57 AM »
at many games like Demigod Rainbow six Vegas 2 you cant just start hamachi invite your friends host a game and play.

your friend wont be available to see your game you just hosted then if you search on google/youtube you will find that to be available to play you need to change some stuff and I allready changed some but to do the last I need to edit TCP/IPv4 to play the game.

But if you know how to fix so you can play LAN whit hamachi or some thing whiteout have 2 computers on LAN I would be wherry grateful 
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 06:14:26 AM »
Ok, so what isn't clear is why you're using hamachi to play games with built-in LAN and online multiplayer functions. If you want help, you need to provide all available information, because right now it's not making much sense.

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
well I might admit that the info is kinda low...

Well I'm trying to play Rainbow six Vegas 2 in hamachi then when I host my friend could not join, he didn't see my game. So i did some googeling and found out I had to change my LAN config to get it to work so my friend could see the game when I host.

but when I was don whit the first part and when to the second part I got stuck they all say you have to disable TCP/IPv6 and activate TCP/IPv4 and change some stuff in it. but I don't have TCP/IPv4 so i did search on youtube to see where the TCP/IPv4 was I found this www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQdh68YA3ps&translated=1

at 1.45 they change so the hamachi is first on the LAN list and at 3.00 they change the TCP/IPv4 but I can't find it.

I did some more search on google like get TCP/IPv4 on xp, R6v2 hamachi, download TCP/IPv4, install TCP/IPv4 and so on but there was no one who said some thing different all said that I had to change the TCP/IPv4 to play some games whit hamachi so my friends can find my game.

but its not just R6v2 it's more games, so it goes on my nervs that I cant play whit my friends... I did a search on more programs like hamachi but I did found 2 but those was just crap...

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 06:37:54 AM »
But why are you trying to use Hamachi for this when the games have their own multiplayer functions? What is different about what you're doing that requires Hamachi? There may be an easier way to do this, but you're still only telling half the story so I don't know what to tell you.

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 06:53:02 AM »
1. well my Cd/Dvd drive is kinda broken (http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,80476.msg533271.html#msg533271) so I have some trouble whit joining online on games, so I have to have a no-Cd crack kinda ingoing and I have ordered a new one but it will be here in 1-2 months, and I'm bored.

2. I dunno if my friend did get the game legal...

3. Hamachi is the only program I know that I can play on a virility LAN.

4. I'm telling the half of the story just bc I don't know how to say it...

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 07:22:04 AM »
Both of you need a legitimate version of the game, then it will work fine using the game's built in LAN or online functions. I'm sorry your drive isn't working, but we can't help you circumvent copy protection so you can play. If it's going to take 2 months for a new drive to arrive, you should probably look at purchasing a drive somewhere else so you can start playing again sooner.

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 08:28:48 AM »
well this I will get 50% of and it's pretty good deal. and I never use my drive it's just when I'm gonna install games and it's not so often...

but do you think we can go back to my Question?

How do I get TCP/IPv4?

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 11:38:43 AM »
Both of you need a legitimate version of the game, then it will work fine using the game's built in LAN or online functions. I'm sorry your drive isn't working, but we can't help you circumvent copy protection so you can play.

Knowing your intent, this still applies.

Frejoh466

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »
ok I guess you don't know how to get TCP/IPv4. bit do you know how to get R6v2 to work on hamachi?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 12:15:57 PM »
::)

What part are you not understanding here?

there is no "TCP/IPv4" really, Anyway. it's just called TCP/IP.

regardless Quaxo was very vigilant and realized that hamachi was not necessary and I guess he smelled something fishy. And he was right, too.

is there something wrong with computer stores in your area? Near me, I can go out and be back with a brand new drive in less then 15 minutes.

Even if an online retailer is your only option, 1-2 months is the most ridiculous shipping time I've ever heard of.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 12:21:39 PM »
Since copyright protection subverting is against the Forum Guidelines this Topic is Closed.

Any questions PM me...

patio.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "