Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Converting 64 bit Vista to 32 bit.....  (Read 3427 times)

Hankster58

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Converting 64 bit Vista to 32 bit.....
    « on: April 18, 2009, 04:51:46 PM »
    I've seen here where some don't think there is a compatability issue, but with SOME programs there are!! My wife uses Yahoo Sitebuilder to set up and run her websites, and the NEW HP laptop we just got has the 64 bit version installed (we didn't know there were 2 versions at the time) and Sitebuilder won't function right on it. Several calls to Yahoo and using thier technogeeks and no solution. However, on MY new desktop, I have Vista 32 bit.... and Sitebuilder functions flawlessly.....
    So the Question is..... If I get a Vista 32 bit version disc, Can I boot from it, and use it to Re-Format the system to do a clean install of Vista32?? If not, how do I Format the drive so I CAN do a new install.... her primary use for it is sitework, and the way it is now, she's got a new system that can't be used for it.
    Help?!?!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Converting 64 bit Vista to 32 bit.....
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:16:45 PM »
    You could do that...however you may want to suggest she just do her sitework on your machine instead of re-doing everything...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Hankster58

Topic Starter

Beginner
      Re: Converting 64 bit Vista to 32 bit.....
      « Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 03:22:51 PM »
      True, but dragging my desktop around all the time would get old pretty fast!! ;D