Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Frame height problem  (Read 3784 times)

sachilk

Frame height problem
« on: April 22, 2009, 03:10:04 AM »
Hey all,

I've got a frame on my site, which is a simple box, made for a poll. Once the user has voted, it loads a new page with the results in the frame. A lot of people told me I shouldn't use frames because they're bad, but atm I don't care, it's good like that, and I want to use it !

The only problem is the height. I can set the height so it's not too small or too big, but the problem is that the height is not relative. That means if I remove "height: xxxpx;" from the CSS stylesheet, it automatically sets the frame at 50 px or so but that's too small, so the scrollbars appear and you have to scroll in the frame. And that's weird. Any idea how I could change that ? Do you see what I mean ? Cause I will change the question of the poll quite often and then I would have to change the height in the stylesheet everytime, that's crap

Thanks in advance,

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Frame height problem
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 01:12:51 PM »
I'm guessing this is IE you're using?

This is one of the problems with IE - doesn't like frames (yet another reason to avoid ;D).

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Frame height problem
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 05:53:59 AM »
"IE doesn't like frames"?  That's news to me!

Are we talking about frames or iframes?  Either way, you can use a javascript function to detect the size of the browser window and resize the frameset/iframe as necessary.

How about this: http://www.phpmix.org/iframe_height_auto_resize
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos