Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Touchy touchpad - left click button is dead.  (Read 2276 times)

Nequam

Touchy touchpad - left click button is dead.
« on: April 20, 2009, 08:56:11 AM »
Alright, so I have a relatively new Asus F3L series notebook, about eight months old now, running Windows XP (although my OS isn't really pertinent to the issue). Over the past few months, the left click button on its touchpad has been slowly dying, some days not working at all. It's definitely a hardware issue as flipping the laptop over and banging on its bottom a few times usually gets it to work again, but doing this obviously worries me (I don't want to break anything else, but nothing else works). The Asus tech support guys won't help me at all, giving me the sole option of "Return the laptop and lose all computer access for the next few months," which isn't going to happen. What could be causing this problem? Would removing and re-inserting the touchpad help at all, and if so, how would I go about it without breaking something?

I thought that I'd dealt with every hardware issue under the sun, but this is a new one to me.

Thankyou in advance.