Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: iPhone “Shake the Baby Until it Shuts Up and Dies” Game Approved by Apple  (Read 3171 times)

Broni

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
http://www.theinternetpatrol.com/iphone-sh...=1fWq13PyD6K295

If you believe that Apple really manually reviews and approves (or disapproves) every iPhone application before it can be sold through iTunes, then you have to believe that Apple inexplicably approved an application that simulates a crying baby which can only be quieted by shaking it to death (demonstrated by the cessation of the crying, and red Xs over its eyes).

According to the Baby Shaker application’s description, “On a plane, on the bus, in a theater. Babies are everywhere you don’t want them to be! They’re always distracting you from preparing for that big presentation at work with their incessant crying. Before Baby Shaker there was nothing you could do about it. Now, Baby Shaker gives you a charming drawing of a baby sure to make those with a less than iron will fawn. True to life, it begins to annoy you immediately. See how long you can endure his or her adorable cries before you just have to find a way to quiet the baby down!”

The application first appeared earlier this week, was taken down, and then reappeared the next day. As of the time of writing, the application is again not available - but for how long?

Said Jetta Bernier, executive director of the anti-shaken baby syndrome organization Massachusetts Citizens for Children, “I am disheartened that with this new application Apple is encouraging frustrated adults to shake infants, not only to end their crying, but to end their lives. There are many effective infant soothing strategies that adults can use to calm their fussy, crying babies. Shaking is not one of them.”

Apparently not everybody feels this way, however. In addition to the developer of Baby Shaker, Sikalosoft, at least one user posted a review in iTunes saying that the application didn’t go far enough, and complaining that it was “Kinda weak there should be a choking sound or something more dramatic.”

Still, outrage by far outweighs the yay-sayers. According to Marilyn Barr, who is not only the founder of the National Center on Shaken Baby Syndrome and a board member of the Sarah Jane Brain Foundation, but, apparently, an Apple expert as well, “Apple notoriously and routinely rejects new apps from developers with a ‘rigorous’ vetting process, nonetheless apparently allowed this horrible application to be sold through its store. Not only are they making fun of Shaken Baby Syndrome but they are actually encouraging it. This is absolutely terrible.”

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
With what shall Apple replace it?   :(
Perhaps the old Arcade game about  General Custer.
The one about his treatment of women and Native Americans.

ImnoGuru

Adviser
  • The wonders of modern technology.
    • Experience: Experienced
    I heard about this "Game"?????? on the news and was disgusted to think that someone could even consider this as a GAME.
    It is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard of.

Surely there must be some sort of penalty applicable to the creators of this sick and twisted attempt of entertainment.
    It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    Why did ity have to be "choke the baby"?

why not, "choke the seedling", "choke the tomato plant"?

Or, "smash the baby antichrist with a sledgehammer", or something else righteous?

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    “Kinda weak there should be a choking sound or something more dramatic.”

Hehehe...I mean...how dare they!
    Where's MagicSpeed?
    Quote from: 'matt'
    He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.