Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LCD (monitor) turn himself to Power Saving Mode after a few minutes.  (Read 5283 times)

darts44

Topic Starter

Beginner

My LCD turn himself to "power saving mode" after a few minutes.
    I scanned for virus etc... all seem to be OK.
    What should i do to fix it?
    Thanks.
    darts44
    The ignorant person does not know enough to know that he does not know.
    He that knows not and knows not that he knows not, he is a fool, shum him.
    He that knows not and knows that he knows not, he is teachable, teach him.
    He that knows and knows that he knows, he is wise, follow him.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: LCD (monitor) turn himself to Power Saving Mode after a few minutes.
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 06:16:59 AM »
    That is completely normal. After a set amount of time, the monitor should turn off (by default).
    To wake it up, just move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard.

You can change the time for this or disable it completely if you go to Start --> Control Panel --> Power Options.

darts44

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 04:33:35 PM »
      Yes i checked that and put it on never to all.
      The computer don't wake after i press any key, i have to turn off the monitor and the  computer and
      wait for half a hour before i can start it again.
      darts44

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »
      Carbon is right. LCD monitors will turn off after a set time but rather than push any button you can press the button on the front screen. The power button that is.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 05:08:13 PM »
      Sounds like BIOS power saving features instead of Windows since it won't resume...
      Check your manual.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

darts44

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 07:46:52 PM »
        My computer won't boot anymore.
        There is light in the desktop box and the LCD screen light is orange, then i turn it off and on and the LCD go green and on "Power Saving Mode" again and the light is back to orange.
        Look like i am done again this time.!
        Best regards, :'(
        darts44

darts44

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 07:51:52 PM »
          by the way, i am using my wife's pc to send the email :'(
          darts44

darts44

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 11:12:07 PM »
            I have a good news, my pc is ok now.
            I try to boot my pc the usual way, then i turned the power button on the LCD screen on and off and presto
            my pc booted well.
            Then i checked the screen saver timing and was ok.
            Thank you guys for your fast help. ;D ;D ;D
            darts44

darts44

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »
              Well, i am back with my problem.
              My PC is still turning the LCD to Power Saving Mode after a few minutes.
              And after trying so many times by switching on and off with different solutions to solve the problem,
              then i got the message:
              Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
              #I am not sure, but could the Forcefield from my ZoneAlarm Extreme security could be the problem?
              I will try to disable it and let you know.
              #To disable the disk defragmentation , i don't know how to do it!
              #For the backup utilities, i use Acronis. Should i disable the backup from Windows?
              #I didn't updated any drivers , but could some drivers updated themselves automatically?
              #To check for the hard drive corruption no problem, only if  i can get my pc not to turn off himself but stay on for the all day after , when i boot my PC and while it is booting i go to "Power Saver" and let that window open until my PC is completely booted, then it stay on all day. But this trick don't work
              all the time.
              What actions should we start to solve the problem?
              Best regards,
               :'( :'( :'( :'(
              darts44

darts44

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 03:42:24 PM »
                I try to start my PC this morning , then as usual it turned himself off, but also it turned himself on booting again.
                Then i got the message:
                Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt. "\WINDOWS|SYSTEM32|CONFIG|SYSTEM!
                To fix it the message said: i need the CD from the installation . I don't have it ,because after the crash they didn't give me any. Beside , i don't know how to do it.
                Could my backup from my "Acronis " help me, but here too i need guidance . Acronis is not that simple to use.
                 :'( :'( :'(
                darts44

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                • Certifications: List
                • Computer: Specs
                • Experience: Expert
                « Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »
                so it is not going to sleep...it is crashing. Could be graphics, failing power supply, bad motherboard (seems to be as heat it a factor, as he said it took a while before he could use it again.)

I had a board once that would only boot once the CPU heatsink was un clipped. mental I know but it worked.

It could just be time for a new computer

quaxo

Guru
                  • Yes
                • Computer: Specs
                • Experience: Guru
                « Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 02:00:00 AM »
                To fix it the message said: i need the CD from the installation . I don't have it ,because after the crash they didn't give me any.

What model of computer is this? Or is it a custom made?

If it's a manufactured system (like HP, Dell, Sony, etc.) either it should have come with a restoration CD or it has a restoration partition which you can use to restore the system. If it doesn't have either a CD or a restoration partition, you can usually request a replacement CD from the manufacturer. In some cases, you will need to pay for this disc but it doesn't cost much. Anyway, if this is this case, tell us the make and model number and we'll see if we can't find out what you need to do.

If it's a custom built a shop did for you, and you paid to have Windows put on it, that Windows CD and its license key belong to you. If this is the case, I'd contact the shop and tell them to cough it up.

darts44

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 01:57:37 PM »
                  My PC is a Desktop XP custom build 3years ago.
                  My computer crashed for a second time a few months ago.They had to re-download the all thing, but they didn't give me any CD.
                  I have a backup by "Acronis" i made in the beginning of april. From Acronis, we should be able to try to restore the windows, but i need guidance for it, because i never done it before and Acronis is not easy to use to restore a particular piece of you PC.   
                  Best regards,
                   :'( :'( :'(

darts44

darts44

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 12:26:58 AM »
                    I went to the computer shop this morning and i bought a brand new desktop with Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, so Good bye to my old XP.
                    Here is an overview:
                    AMD Athlon X2 7750 Processor
                    4GB RAM
                    500GB HDD
                    Video card 1GB Memory
                    Hope it is plenty of power for my pictures and videos editing.
                    Now, i would have liked Microsoft to scan my PC for the programs compatible / not compatible with Vista, but that
                    is impossible due to my inability to run my old XP. I will have to do it by one by one program on the Microsoft site.
                    Hopefully, to be able to migrate to Vista without too much trouble, but of course, should i need help, i can be assured to find in on Computer Hope.
                    Best regards,  ;D
                    darts44