Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows does not come up on screen  (Read 1837 times)

shriphoot

Topic Starter

Windows does not come up on screen
    « on: April 23, 2009, 08:21:46 PM »
      I don't know the terminology but when I turn on this particular computer (not the one I am using) all that comes up is the name of the computer manufacturer.  And in order to run a program, well atleast the only program that has been loaded you have to alt cont del and it takes you to task manager where you can start the program.  When I look in the task manager none of the windows applications are running exclusive of a pause program in systems nothing else in windows is running..... Help Help Help.... And thank You in advance....

Respectfully    Shriphoot

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows does not come up on screen
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 11:32:45 PM »
    Windows version ?
    What happened prior to this ?
    Did it ever work properly ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

shriphoot

Topic Starter

Re: Windows does not come up on screen
      « Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 03:40:32 AM »
      Windows xp.    This computer was given to a friend by their relative.  Apparently everything was taken off the system and reloaded....  They had used it for a couple of years until they purchased a new one...  Windows xp is there based on the task manager but just not running.