Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VSO Software/Hardware Problem  (Read 2591 times)

willythecat

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    VSO Software/Hardware Problem
    « on: April 23, 2009, 05:57:37 PM »
    Not sure about which forum, software/hardware? Possibly more software than anything. Anyways...
    I have a reasonably new Samsung Writemaster burner (which shows up as TSST Corp cd/dvdw sh-s182d) in the properties tag and I use Philips dvd+rw disks for their (and other +rw brands) reusable value.
    For burning software l'm using vso convertxtodvd. (there is only one version installed, but my problem happens with both versions 2 and 3).
    So, l insert the disk and it says new disk installed. It initialises, burns, and the disk is formatted and ejected. When l use explore on the disk, there's nothing on it!  Run the disk through Imgburn (verify) and it says the disk is empty and needs formatting.
    I cannot seem to use this disk again for anything, as it just won't be burnt to. I bought a spindle of 25 disks and at least 10, and counting, seem to have this problem. Could it be the disks? Could it be the burner? Could it be the software?
    Not too worried if there is not a specific answer to this, just some suggestions about what l could look for.
    Thanks
    WTC

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: VSO Software/Hardware Problem
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 06:38:29 PM »
    Use ISOBuster to read those CD's...
    Double check the burn settings...sounds like "finalise CD" is not turned on.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: VSO Software/Hardware Problem
    « Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 06:45:10 PM »
    Also try different DVD brand, reinstall convertxtodvd (I use this program, and seems to be working flawlessly).