Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help...  (Read 2550 times)

cher-boy

Please help...
« on: April 30, 2009, 07:30:31 AM »
Okay here is the problem,
My computers USB ports won't work with my digital camera or MP4 player anymore, they just make this different sad little noise when I try to plug them in, they still work with ipods being plugged in but for my digital camera (being my main priority ;) ) it won't let me access photos or get them off the camera or the videos either. Anyone know how to fix this or what to do, I don't know much about computers so layman's terms please hehe :) thanks to anyone that can help

p.s my laptop is a fujitsu computers siemens - amilo - intel centrino duo - windows vista

kixfan

Rookie

Re: Please help...
    « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:02:26 AM »
    It could be the USB cable for your camera went bad. Try replacing it with a new or different one.
    Dennis

Kando

Hopeful

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
      It could also be the camera. I have a camera that refuses to use the cable that came with it so I invested $7 in an external 53-in-1 memory card reader. It is slightly larger than a business card, has four card slots and connects via usb. XP sees the reader as 4 hard drives when it is plugged in. When I put the card in the Windows picture viewer starts up and shows all of the pictures on the card. I can copy or move them from the card to the computer or to another hard drive or flash drive. I can copy or move pictures FROM the computer or flash drive to the card.

Quick and easy, that's the ticket.

I have this one: http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=GP-4501-CRB&cat=CAM

and these are in stock: http://www.techsunny.com/3219814/techsunny-usb-2.0-all-in.html

enjoy

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 04:45:50 PM »
      Try replacing or updating your drivers for the camera. If that does not work uninstall your camera software and then re-install. The computer should do the rest.