Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Java Updates (Java6U13) and getting around Error 1330  (Read 22989 times)

olamoree

Topic Starter

Rookie

Java Updates (Java6U13) and getting around Error 1330
    « on: April 25, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »
    XP SP3 - Java JRE 6 Up 7 worked fine... but then I was "required" to go to J6U13 and ran into the Error 1330.  No help at Java as they push their "fiticen" a minute buddies and a Search on Error 1330 revealed.... not found.  After Struggle, Struggle, Struggle, I discovered that if I went HERE: https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=jdk-6u13-javafx-1.1.1-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer put in Windows and English and used the Java Downloader for this GIANT Download, I had success!!!!!  After the download when it asks what to install, make sure you select the JRE and the others you won't need... unless you develop Java stuff, of course.  It installs Java 6 Update 13 and Java SE Development Kit 6 update 13 for a little over 200 Meg and then asks if you want to install the rest... not necessary unless you are a Developer and it says you can install it later if you want....  The Install went great and said I had Java6 Up13 installed!!! No Error 1330!!!  Passed all the tests!  Now I can get my bank sites, and LiveLook works great too!

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Java Updates (Java6U13) and getting around Error 1330
    « Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 12:15:30 PM »
    Good to hear it worked out, even with a bit of hassle.

By the way, where did you try downloading from?
    Try here: http://jdl.sun.com/webapps/getjava/BrowserRedirect?locale=en&host=java.com:80

Go here to see what version you have:
    http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1

olamoree

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 03:37:25 PM »
      The test site reports:  "You have the recommended Java installed (Version 6 Update 13)."  and the URL I used above worked... I didn't find the one you mention but will put it in my bag of trix just in case.  Thanks.  The URL you mentioned... jdl.sun.com.... uses a browser redirect, check my installed Java and only Congratulates but does not go to a download page... I could modify it and remover the Browser Redirect and see the page.

ladyladadriver

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 06:47:49 AM »
        am getting an error code when downloading java also, I did leave a post but nobody has answered.

Have tried both the links that you have on this post, but can't get either of them to work. 

So thats it I give up I just won't have Java

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 07:17:19 AM »
        Did you tried offline installation?download the java then install it, but before that uninstall previous version.anyway, start a new topic :)

ladyladadriver

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 07:28:37 AM »
          yeah tried that one, it did download and work and said it was installed but not working don't know why, java says I haven't got it, when I do a test.  I've given up now, not that good with computers anyway.

olamoree

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 08:34:53 AM »
            Hi Lady,  Try again... or you won't learn anything.  Follow my instructions to the letter and don't invent a new way nor give up.  You NEED Java and a current version is better than an old one.  If you continue to have problems, be specific about what the error codes are and what you see and come back here to report on it and from there we can hold your hand until you have Java6U13 properly installed and working.  Isn't that what this thread is all about?

ladyladadriver

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 08:41:46 AM »
              I have followed the instructions, Java starts to install and I get to the bit that says extracting files and it stops and I get the error message, 25099 unzipping core files failed.  Then it sends me to java help, which is usless.

olamoree

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 08:54:06 AM »
                Hi Lady,  WHERE did you download it from?  You don't say... and it may be important.  I see where the cds.java.com offline download succeeds where the jdl.java.com fails with error 25099 or 1330.  Not of your concern, but since 2007, a Java proggy writer on the internet said that they use 8 k chunks and if the last chunk is is NOT 8 k, the installation fails.... they don't even offer an work around.  Try the offline download at cds.java.com in my posting, make sure you followed the uninstall directions I cite in your OTHER posting on this board, and then carefully follow the instructions in my first post here... you don't need the developer files, so pass on them.  Then when you don't get the error code, you will feel a twinge of success and have Java6U13... don't give up so easily, its only a question of perseverance and having someone holding your hand... thats what we post here for.

ladyladadriver

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 09:05:16 AM »
                  I did the offline one still get error code, I also did the one on the board and followed the instructions, clicked to just have JRE it then starts to install and then I still get the same error code at the same point.

ladyladadriver

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 03:07:36 PM »
                    been on another board and somebody said to download javara and it will remove all the old java from my computer, because that is why I'm getting the error message, I've done it and it still doesn't work so I really do give up now, been trying all day.

olamoree

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 03:25:33 PM »
                      I don't think it is because of any remaining Java  that didn't get uninstalled, I think that it is first, the 25099 error which is related to the Java installer that they offer at the jdl.java.com site where there is no fix for and secondly, and probably mostly, error 1330 which means that the Data1.cab is not uncompressing properly and that is why I would insist that you use the gigantic download at  https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=jdk-6u13-javafx-1.1.1-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer and either mark the unneeded parts during the install or install the whole thing and then go to Control Panel/ Add or Remove programs after your install and remove all but Java(TM) 6 Update 13 and J2SE Runtime Enviornment 5.0 Update 10 of the installed Java proggys.  How can you let some dumb and improperly designed proggy stop your enjoyment of using Java?  It would be like giving up makeup if you couldn't get the cap off the eyeliner!  Never give up! 

ladyladadriver

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 04:20:02 AM »
                        will give this another try, but I downloaded this one yesterday  :'(

ladyladadriver

Rookie

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 05:18:51 AM »
                          downloaded it again, i've got the delopment kit, but the java update 6U13 still didn't work and stopped yet again at the same point.

Thanks for your help, but I really don't now what else to do.

ladyladadriver

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 07:21:30 AM »
                            at last I have got the Java, I had to search for all the java files and folders and delete them, the ones that wouldn't delete I have to move to desktop, then Java finally downloaded without any errors.

Thanks for everyones help