Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my computer wont load  (Read 2280 times)

goldie

my computer wont load
« on: April 29, 2009, 04:34:14 AM »
could anyone help with my problem when i turn on my computer it starts to load up windows xp but then a message comes up and it doesnt do anything the error says the application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000005). click on ok to terminate the application
 i would be grateful if anybody could help me

T-Rex

Intermediate

Re: my computer wont load
    « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 07:51:09 AM »
    In many cases this error has been generated by faulty RAM memory. So if you have just upgraded your computer with some new memory and you started getting this error then I would remove them and see if the error goes away. If it does then send the memory back and get a refund!

http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html
    "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

goldie

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 09:53:32 AM »
    thanku but the problem is i cant get on to windows and i havint up graded my memory is there any other way to resolve it ive tried safe mode

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »
    From MSDN:

A critical service failed to initialize while starting the LastKnownGood control set. If this is the first time you have booted after installing new hardware, remove the hardware and boot again. Check the Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the hardware and its drivers are compatible with your version of Windows. If Windows is loaded and no new hardware has been installed, reboot with recovery options set to create a dump file. If the message recurs, press F8 and select the Last Known Good option when you reboot. If there is no Last Known Good configuration, try using the Emergency Repair Disk.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "