Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP! New Desktop freezes, whats wrong?!  (Read 2522 times)

kyle_fei

HELP! New Desktop freezes, whats wrong?!
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:48:14 PM »
Dear CH:

I recently bought a new desktop from Frys, here are the specs:

Gateway FX 6800-01e
Intel i7 quad core 2.66Ghz
3 GB DDR3
Windows Vista 64bits

I have just noticed that it freeze up sometimes (frequently) when I am doing multiple things with multiple windows or game opened at once, and it freezes completely, not even the mouse can move; so I have to do a force shut down.

I have also noticed that sometimes right after the Vista logo pops (not the vista loading bar), and the music ends, the screen suddenly changes into blank with the ending music frozen there. I have noticed that sometimes it's blank screen or sometimes its blue'ish vertical bars along with white/blue, just like if the screen color has been distorted. I have to force shut down and if I choose to "Start Windows Normally" from the selection screen after I reboot it, it will freeze again at the same point. Everytime I need to choose going on to safe mode first and then restart it to solve that issue and get into windows normally.

Does that has to do with my hardware? or is it the Vista? I don't know whats wrong with it, it's a brand new branded Computer (not even custom-built) and its giving me troubles, I hope is not something really bad cuz I hate dealing with returns/exchange with customer support.

Please HELP me DAL and many many thanks in advance! :)

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: HELP! New Desktop freezes, whats wrong?!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 07:26:26 PM »
I recently bought a new desktop from Frys,
If you bought it locally, why not take it back?
A new computer is not superposed to give you any trouble.  :)