Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ntldr  (Read 2211 times)

hot dog

ntldr
« on: April 26, 2009, 09:53:21 AM »
I was just experimenting a little (Windows XP) and made myself a boot disk with ntldr on it, and then deleted the ntldr file from C:\       When I rebooted of course I get the "missing ntldr"..............when inserting my bootdisk the computer was able to boot into windows just fine.................but I was wondering, how would I replace ntldr, ntdetect, or boot.ini    without a working XP machine...........
Say, the XP machine was the only comptuer I had and so I could not download any boot disks, from another computer...     Would the OEM factory image CD have the files?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: ntldr
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 09:55:06 AM »
The factory image being the CD you get with the laptop from the manufacturer? Yes. It would do so by reinstalling the operating system.
The Windows CD can repair the Windows installation without having to reinstall the entire OS however.

Just fyi: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

hot dog

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 09:56:39 AM »
But could I copy the ntldr file from the factory disk, without having to reintall?

hot dog

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 09:58:56 AM »
The Windows CD can repair the Windows installation without having to reinstall the entire OS however.

oh I see, I didn't see that part.................I'm tired :P

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 10:00:54 AM »
Aren't we all? ;)

hitesh

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 06:38:29 AM »
it is very simple .enter the xp cd in cd drive -press enter-F8-press R for repair ,please running all process as wellas when u doing for 1st fresh installation. ok please replt me.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 06:42:34 AM »
it is very simple .enter the xp cd in cd drive -press enter-F8-press R for repair ,please running all process as wellas when u doing for 1st fresh installation. ok please replt me.

What?

hot dog

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 01:16:23 AM »