Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I can't log into any online accounts with aol  (Read 2711 times)

arnbri2

I can't log into any online accounts with aol
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »
Hi, I hope I'm putting this in the right place, I'm pretty computer stupid for a lack of a better term. I am running windows xp with AOL 9.0 and McAfee security center. The problem I have is when I try to log into, for example, ebay, myspace, pretty much any site that asks for a username and password. They work on any other computer just not mine. I recently got a new modem and I was able to log into these sites for a few days but now it's back to acting up again. I have deleted my history and cookies as I have seen on other posts for similar problems but with no change. I tried to use internet explorer but i can't get to any sites at all with that. Whichever I try I get a screen that tells me that I'm not connected to the internet although I can surf on AOL. This is getting incredibly frustrating for me but now it's affecting my kids and their research for homework and what not. If anybody can help me out it would be hugely appreciated by all of us. I think I about covered everything and hopefully I didn't miss anything. Thank you very much in advance.