Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CPU or Motherboard  (Read 1981 times)

fish di#k

CPU or Motherboard
« on: April 29, 2009, 10:04:17 PM »
 I'm going to school for IT. One project was to remove CPU check on cooling & CPU manufacturer. When I replaced it, the computer would not boot. Fans and lights worked but hit power on nothing no beeps no any thing.   ???

sayyedrafic

Re: CPU or Motherboard
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 11:19:50 PM »
Hi

First U Chek the SMPS. If its working are not if its ok then remove the processor and put back its place. Observe the connections if cpu fan is rotate cheking for hdd cables.
do this alla oprations.

Method_One

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 11:36:28 PM »
    Are you sure that you have the power switch lead on the right header?

Do you have the moterboard manual?

What is the model of the board?

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 05:12:39 AM »
    Were you rough at all taking it off?

eg tools slip, ect?

Unfortunately, some boards don't like you taking off and reapplying the heatsink and fan more than a few times.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 09:18:36 AM »
      what no no and no noob's?  ::)  Take the cpu back out there what you call zif zero insertion force.  Meaning that there is little force needed to put it in.  Its possible that there is a pin bent and or broke check for that I have had alot of problems with people doing that and it ened up like this.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres