Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC w/o OS. Can I move harddrive to this and get my OS?  (Read 4703 times)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: PC w/o OS. Can I move harddrive to this and get my OS?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 02:10:49 PM »
May I ask a question?

So many posts are here from users with no idea how a virus got on the computer.
Then we get posts from members here the don't think Microsoft can look into a computer.

Why is that?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 02:13:42 PM »
    what do you mean.  Its not micros fault.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 02:32:07 PM »
    what do you mean.  Its not micros fault.
    I was no blaming MS. My remark is that the same kind of software tricks that the malware people use for bad stuff can be used by MS to see if any PC is legal. And they can do it without breaking the lws. If you want an update, you have to let MS look at your system.

So if you somehow turn off the activation, sooner or later MS will knot that you have a copy that was not registered. This is not unduly harsh of MS. Software Administrators have tools available to take care of the problems that may arise with the activation process.