Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nintendo DSi  (Read 5231 times)

Helpmeh

Topic Starter

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Nintendo DSi
« on: June 07, 2009, 06:20:35 PM »
Just today (after my confirmation) I recieved $250 and a DSi. Right now I am slowly making this thread via the DSi's keyboard on it's web browser (powered by Opera [available for 0 points]). The use of the web browser is fun but it takes time to get used to (including no flash or java [possible upside because there are less ads]). A major downside is the 700 something by 800 something resolution (so get used to scrolling where you want to see).

I'm not sure if there any DSi-only games, but if there are any, can anyone list some good ones (available from a store in Canada)?

Also, with my DSi, I got 1000 download points. With the points I suggest getting Wario Ware and a paper plane game (the name escapes me).

So on the final note, I suggest only using the DSi's web browser if you are extremely patient, but the rest of the system is absolutely wonderful (I like the wii-like menu the most)!
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

2x3i5x

Expert
Re: Nintendo DSi
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:31:11 PM »
I'm not sure if there any DSi-only games, but if there are any, can anyone list some good ones (available from a store in Canada)?

See here: http://kotaku.com/5184277/nintendo-plans-nintendo-dsi-enhanced-game-cards-with-dsi+only-features

The thing about DSI is the camera and wondering if there's gonna be games that employ the camera such that if you were to actually touch the screen with a pencil, the game would actually recognize it's a pencil via having seen it in the camera lens.

Helpmeh

Topic Starter

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
Re: Nintendo DSi
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 06:40:43 PM »
See here: http://kotaku.com/5184277/nintendo-plans-nintendo-dsi-enhanced-game-cards-with-dsi+only-features

The thing about DSI is the camera and wondering if there's gonna be games that employ the camera such that if you were to actually touch the screen with a pencil, the game would actually recognize it's a pencil via having seen it in the camera lens.

Well Waario Ware gets fairly close, it recognizes biting, faces abd hands...
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.