Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: White square with red X - no pics  (Read 4819 times)

EllenM

White square with red X - no pics
« on: May 13, 2005, 09:18:36 AM »
Hi all.  Hope someone can help.  I am having a problem displaying "some" pictures on websites.  Instead of the image displaying, all I get is a white box with a red X in the middle in place of the picture.  Like I said, some pictures do display so I'm not sure what the difference is and why some won't show up.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks...

--Ellen

hywaydave

Re: White square with red X - no pics
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 10:52:49 AM »
Is this happening on all the web sites you are visiting or just a particular one?  Sometimes if a site is really busy or their network connection is slow or congested than it may time out while loading the pictures.  You can always try and right-click where the picture should be and select "show picture".  Most of the time this will end up displaying the picture.

merlin_2

EllenM

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 06:12:48 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  It is definately happening on all websites, but not for all pictures.  Tried the right-click thing, but no luck.  I'll explore the article from the link that was posted.  It mentioned a firewall and some other things that may be the cause of the problem.  Thanks for the help!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 04:32:28 PM »
Do you have protection for viruses and spyware? Also, have you tried adjusting the security level for cookies?

[glb]Flame[/glb]