Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Issue with D-Link 502T!  (Read 2533 times)

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Issue with D-Link 502T!
    « on: May 05, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »
    Hi Geeks!

Since few days, I have been observing "Weird" instances with my D-Link 502T Router!

After few minutes of surfing, its ADSL & ETHERNET Lights go OFF completely! On the contrary, POWER & STATUS lights continue as usual! :o

Now, could this be the result of "Overheating" or something else!?....I mean nonetheless "Ethernet" light shouldn't go off?! ???

Mulreay

Re: Issue with D-Link 502T!
    « Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:29:35 AM »
    Mine used to do it all the time. The only thing you can do is turn off for 10secs and then back on. It's a bad connection to the server. Or to much traffic or some such things. I never found a solution so either grin and bare it or may be try a different router. The new d-link Wireless-N Quadband Home Router DIR-825. Is supposed to be the dogs dangly bits. It handles gaming and surfing seperately, it takes a little time to set up as do all d-links but apparently according to the gadget show pound for pound it's one of the best. Good luck

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 12:11:25 PM »
    A new router should fix the problem.
    But FYI there are some 'worms' out there that attack routers with weak security.
    The worm, called “psyb0t,” has been circulating since at least January this year, infecting vulnerable embedded Linux devices such as the Netcomm NB5 ADSL modem (above) and launching denial-of-service attacks on some Web sites.
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2972

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:15:23 PM »
    A new router should fix the problem.
    But FYI there are some 'worms' out there that attack routers with weak security.http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2972

D-links have top notch security with the wpak key enabled. That should'nt be a problem. But I get what your saying Geek

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 12:49:24 PM »
    D-links have top notch security with the wpak key enabled. That should'nt be a problem. But I get what your saying Geek
    The wireless security is another issue. The article was about invasion over the DSL or cable connection. Some routesr you can get into with admin as the user and password as the password. I think that might have something to do with it. There are other articles about the “psyb0t,” worm. It is said that 10,000 servers are infected. Google psyb0t and it may shock you.

Mulreay

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 12:52:48 PM »
    I realised what I typed about the wpak key after I typed it but was deep involved in another thread. I see where your coming from geek

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 11:45:16 PM »
      Thanks to both Mulreay & Geek! 8)

First thing I gonna do is to "Change the default Password" to something else! Geek rightly quoted admin being both username & password! :-\

& Mulreay point of "Bad Connection to the Server" or increased data traffic makes sense since the last time it went OFF were when I was streaming BBC Click to watch its "High-Definition" video!

Alas, I have already changed D-Link 502T once with my ISP & probably will go for something else, next time, if this goes on! ;)

Mulreay

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 04:02:18 AM »
      Mohd why are you going from link to link and just quoting what people have said?? This is the second one in as many minutes on threads I'm following. What are you doing? If your just trying to get your post number up then I suggest you stop and go and do something constructive or I'll point you out to one of the lads that can halt this activity.

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 06:05:21 AM »
        Excuse me! :(

Have you said something in context to me? Who is Mohd?...?!

I was just expressing my gratitude to your Posts..! ???

Mulreay

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 06:42:18 AM »
        Not you my friend. There is someone called mohd who quotes on a comment and posts it but says nothing else. He seems to have deleted his post after my tongue lashing.  8)