Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Copy of windows did not pass windows Validation  (Read 2193 times)

Goodhope

Copy of windows did not pass windows Validation
« on: May 05, 2009, 12:49:44 AM »
Hi All,
My Laptop computer recently poped up a messege that reads; " You may be a victim of software counterfeiting. This copy of windows did not pass genuine windows validation". Please i dont know how to fix this problem. I have downloaded all the new updates and just lately i upgraded from Windows XP pack 2 to pack 3 sucessfully on the web but the message wont disappear.
Please does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Goodhope

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Copy of windows did not pass windows Validation
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 12:57:44 AM »
Before we answer your question we need some more information.
How long have you have this computer? Where or how did you get it? From a retail outlet? Mail order? eBay? From a friend?
It should be the responsibility of the seller to ensure that the software is legal. Did the seller indicate to you that the XP version was only a Demo?
Has this message ever come up before? Did you ever contact Microsoft about this? Do you have a receipt for the sale of the computer with a detail description of what software it had?
Was this computer purchased in the USA, Canada or UK?

Chris PCX

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 01:00:46 AM »
    If you know that the license that you have is official, you just have to call Microsoft and give them some information and they will give you a new key to use.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 07:04:24 AM »
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "