Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista headaches  (Read 3827 times)

Carney

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Vista headaches
    « on: May 21, 2009, 01:40:42 PM »
    Hi everyone – I have a Vista headache! Vista Premium came installed on my replacement computer and I am having some real problems. The two primary issues I have not resolved: every time I attempt to open Outlook (full Outlook, not Express) I am prompted for my password. I always select “Save this Password”; have configured my account to automatically load the password and have tried not using any password. No matter what I do, every single time the download stops, asks for my password and then I have to restart Outlook in order to continue the download. My ISP – Comcast – claims this is not their issue, but something within Vista. I have configured their interface with my password information and this does show up when using their e-mail client. But, I hate their client since they pass through tons of SPAM and also make it really tough to send images [I send loads of images because of my work – writer/photographer].

The second issue: whenever I attempt to change the name of a file; delete a file; remove an application (using uninstall) or make any changes on the system, I receive a message stating I cannot do this because I do not have permission. No one uses this system but me. I am signed in as the administrator. There is only one account, mine as administrator. I do not password any accounts since no one but me uses this system.

Can someone, please, tell me what is going on and how to resolve these issues? Thank you for any help!

System specs:
    Dell XPS 6301
    Pentium(R) Core2 Duo
    4 GB RAM
    1TB HD
    Windows Vista Premium

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Vista headaches
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:10:16 PM »
    I can't help you with your first problem, because I'm not familiar enough with Outlook.

As for your second problem...
    Enable real Administrator account: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/, and see, if same thing happens.
    Don't play with that account too much, because you don't want to mess it up.
    Just test the issue, and disable it again.