Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem on My 2 GB  (Read 2353 times)

Hyunday

Problem on My 2 GB
« on: June 28, 2009, 10:07:50 PM »
Hi all

The files on the 2 GB USB drive are missing! I try to search or explore the USB, it tells me to insert it again. At first it told me to format my Pendrive.

Very worryingly, other USB drives work fine in the ports...

Is my files inside the USB all gone and corrupted? The light still works on the stick.

Is there any USB rescue program that can save my files? I do back up, but I haven't backed up for a few days and I desperately need these files (of course)

I look forward to hearing of any programs that can assist retrieve files/data from a possibly damaged USB drive.

Kind regards,
Hyunday

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Problem on My 2 GB
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:09:28 AM »
Try some of >these<.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 10:32:55 AM »
I've had much success with this particular software: http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/softperfect-file-recovery/spfilerecovery.html

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 01:19:53 AM »
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 06:07:12 AM »
    recuva seems to work the best.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 08:03:13 AM »
    recuva seems to work the best.
    In your opinion, if course.

I don't think there is a 'best' file recovery software since there are so many that do the same thing.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 09:37:44 AM »
      no I just seen good results with it.  I havent tried others cause I dont have access like you all the time.  Also I have alot of things I have yet to try.  But no there isnt going to be a dominate one.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres