Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Very strange problem  (Read 2530 times)

ZCA81

Very strange problem
« on: May 14, 2005, 09:17:48 AM »
Earlier today I found that overnight my computer had gone from being a farily nice machine to being a complete pain to use.
It took about 10 minutes to start up and then a further 5 minutes or so to log in. The task bar was stuck to the bottom of the screen and would not come up. When I finally got it to move any programs would not appear on it instead minimising in the midle of the screen. The quick launch panel also completely dissapeared. No sounds would play at all (Itunes stayed stuck on 0 seconds on all my music) and my programs were all behaving badly. I went through the usual procedure (Registry mechanic, disk scan, spyware scan, virus scan, disk defrag etc.) But nothing happened. After reseting the computer from windows the same issues arose again.
However, I turned it off and uplugged it for a few minutes and now its fine. Does anybody know whats just happened and how I can stop it hapening again.
Thanks.  
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 09:18:42 AM by ZCA81 »

Mac

Re: Very strange problem
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 10:23:35 AM »
Have you had an electrical storm in the vicinity overnight?

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 03:09:23 PM »
Dodgey drivers.....maybe......file coruption......trojan/worms......lazy hard drive...cpu...or  downloading  files that need a re-boot.....anything  can upset a pc.....even the mother -in law looking at it:):)

ZCA81

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 01:49:41 PM »
Thanks. I'll experiment with the things mentioned (Not including electrical storms or mother in laws)  ;)