Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: re-install all codec  (Read 5961 times)

k_mohsen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

re-install all codec
    « on: May 07, 2009, 02:11:10 PM »
    hello
    recently I can not play avi movie and get an error form "media player", "jet audio", "KmPlayer" and other player. ( end now alert).
    it's happen after installing Shareware version of "EDIUS 4".

what can i do? Is it good to re install all codec? but how do i?

thanks 

Mulreay

Re: re-install all codec
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 07:23:55 PM »
    Is this one movie you are trying to play or all AVI movies?

Mulreay

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 07:28:29 PM »
    New features added in this release (from v4.54) - All Versions

1920x1080/23.97p project preset for Generic OHCI Output Profile
    Some extra functions can now have mapped keyboard shortcuts
    Support for consolidating MPEG Long-GOP clips
    Support for insert edit when outputting to DV tape
    Improved the speed of MPEG-2 segment encoding
    Improved the seeking performance of native AVCHD clips

New features added in this release (from v4.54) - EDIUS Broadcast only
    Support for import of native XDCAM EX format files
    Support for XDCAM SAM (Simple Access Mode) – you can now edit with high-res audio preview while editing with metadata or proxy clips (on supported devices)
    Support for Grass Valley K2 SAN server connections via a new release of the K2Connect utility
    Support for QoS for capturing to SNFS
    Support for bitlayering (virtual proxy) playback of native Infinity JPEG 2000 stream files – choose between three quality settings for smooth playback on lower-end edit systems
    New Infinity Ingest utility for importing Infinity DMC/DMR content

Issues fixed in this version (from v4.54)
    Fixed issues when creating new presets after starting EDIUS
    Fixed an issue that would cause errors when playing back MPEG TS files from SAN shared drives
    Fixed an issue where the image preview within the Video Layout Tool would appear as solid grey when opening muted title track
    Fixed an issue that caused the characters within clip names to overlap in the BIN window
    Fixed an issue where the focus of BIN clips would sometimes move arbitrarily
    Fixed an issue that would cause EDIUS to freeze when searching offline clips from recently used files
    Fixed an issue that resulted in the IN point of a clip to be shifted when using Soft Slide-Left
    Fixed an issue where a few frames of a clip would go missing when using Soft-Slide
    Fixed an issue where if new presets were continuously created, EDIUS would crash
    Fixed an issue that allowed the name of default style to be changed or deleted in Quick Titler
    Fixed an issue that prevented support of AAF files created by Sony’s PDZ-1 software
    Fixed an issue with Quick Titler where menu operations and associated shortcut keys had differing results
    Fixed an issue where "select all files" was permitted in the Save dialog, with some of exporters
    Fixed an issue that caused the timeline edit cursor to move when changing the timeline scale
    Fixed an issue where the GXF Exporter could not output files from DV projects or NTSC D1 projects
    Fixed an issue where clips registered to the Bin window with XDSelect would not have their waveform cache file created automatically
    Fixed an issue that would cause EDIUS to crash if a file transfer within GXF Exporter was cancelled
    Fixed an issue where AAF files exported between an In and Out point would result in the wave file's timecode becoming corrupted
    Fixed an issue where capture would not start when selecting "Capture entire clip" in the "Restore offline clip" dialog box
    Fixed an issue where button assignments that were changed for the timeline window were not saved
    Fixed an issue that resulted in EDIUS not loading Motion-JPEG AVI files correctly
    Fixed an issue with Canopus DVD Creator, where if a movie was added with the [Add File] button, the added file would be set to a 4:3 aspect ratio
    Fixed an issue that caused EDIUS to become unresponsive after saving a project that included MPEG-4 clips
    Fixed an issue with the K2Connect utility, where if a new file is downloaded after a project is exported with the GXF SpeedEncoder exporter, K2Connect would crash

Do you have this version?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »
    First, try VLC Player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    It has all necessary codecs built-in, so you'll know, if it's codecs problem, or something else.

k_mohsen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 04:47:42 AM »
      Dear Mulreay
      I uninstall it because it was shareware.
      I test something, other movie can be play but files converted to wmv, avi, 3gp never play.
      I test many converter application and result is one, no playing!!  >:(
      only converted file can not be play.

Dear Broni
      I test all player and all converter. no play for wmv, avi, 3gp

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mulreay

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 06:02:27 AM »
      To be fair I've never been a fan of 'media player' because for me it seems to crash out more often than not and has a really bad refresh rate. May be try what Broni said and download a different player. Be careful though because I'm having issues with VLC player but you could try MPCstar or many others. Just see what is best for you.

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 11:58:14 AM »
      Did you...
      First, try VLC Player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

k_mohsen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 12:51:47 AM »
        Did you...

Yes, The result is error for VLC player.
        I can not play converted video file.

please, some one help

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 04:19:48 PM »
        What do you mean by "converted"?

k_mohsen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 12:04:09 AM »
          I convert some video files to avi to upload to internet or to 3gp for mobile phone.
          original video files can be play but when i convert them( avi or 3gp) can not play.

I test many converter and player, I have problem with this.

please help
          thanks to all

2x3i5x

Expert
          • Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 12:36:13 AM »
          I have been using klite codec pack to playback files on my pc and so far no issues at all, windows media player or media player classic homecinema have been playing all my files without hitches. Klite codec pack comes with all the necessary codecs to play almost every major file types and it comes with media player classic.

You can download klite codec pack here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/  ;D

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 08:13:14 AM »
          I think the issue here is what file type it was converted to....til we know that just spinning wheels.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Mastermind
            • Computer Help Forum
          « Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 09:24:22 AM »
          what file type it was converted to
          You mean "from"? ;D

...and where are the original files from?

2x3i5x

Expert
          • Experience: Familiar
          « Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »
          You mean "from"? ;D

...and where are the original files from?

I found that if you have a program that can convert your file into divx or xvid, you'll want to have the actual codec sitting on your pc installed (even if you have klite codec pack in). I tried converting once and didn't have divx installed, that thing didn't convert correctly, video was blank. After divx installed, reattempt was good.

k_mohsen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 11:43:39 PM »
            I found that if you have a program that can convert your file into divx or xvid, you'll want to have the actual codec sitting on your pc installed (even if you have klite codec pack in). I tried converting once and didn't have divx installed, that thing didn't convert correctly, video was blank. After divx installed, reattempt was good.

thanks 2x3i5x
            i get divx player from my friend and installed and now i can play many avi video files. but yet I can not play some avi and can not play all 3gp video files