Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: firefox closes completely when exiting runescape (java based)  (Read 4177 times)

joris20

Topic Starter

Rookie

title says it all. when i try to navigate my tab away from the runescape game, all tabs and the whole of firefox close.
    i can restart it and work with it again afterwards, though, but i don't know how to enter safe mode or debug mode on openSuse 11.0
    and if it IS the command "firefox -safe-mode" then that didnt help.

any suggestions on how to fix this problem? (i've only seen 1 other person getting this error. he said it's the same for all other browsers like opera etc.)

EchoLynx

Rookie

Re: firefox closes completely when exiting runescape (java based)
      « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 06:49:48 PM »
      I personally don't have much (meaning any) experience with OpenSUSE, but I would suggest that you make sure you have the most recent version of Java available installed, as well as check to see that Firefox is appropriately updated. Also I would suggest you disabling all other add ons in order to see if a specific add on is at fault. You may have to do this manually in Firefox, if this doesn't work to launch it in safe mode.
      Ian

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: firefox closes completely when exiting runescape (java based)
      « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:12:02 AM »
      Despite what the other person said, have you tried any other browser - like Konqeuror (in KDE), for example?
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos