Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VISTA IS REFUSING TO BOOT  (Read 3271 times)

tlamelo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

VISTA IS REFUSING TO BOOT
    « on: May 09, 2009, 06:02:06 AM »
    i have reinstalled vista but now i get an error message
    booting 'windows vista'
    acpi
    vista loader 2.0.0

done!
    fallback 1
    find --set-root /bootmgr

error 17: file not found
    booting 'windows NT/2000/XP'

fallback 2
    find -- set-root /ntldr

error 17: file not found
    booting 'Enter Command Line'

boot failed! Press any key to enter command line.

please help me on what to do on the command line, i have reinstalled vista many times trying my luck that may be it will just continue but it just install perfectly and require me to enter the administrator and password and PC name the problem is here on the above mentioned error.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: VISTA IS REFUSING TO BOOT
    « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 06:07:45 AM »

tlamelo

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:33:21 AM »
      dear friend i bought hp 530 notebook with vista home basic installed and i upgraded it to vista ultimate then it was fine.
      then it slowed down and i thought why not reinstall vista ultimate to start are fresh then it start to load then stopped half way through as if it was corrupted thats what i believe then because im an amarture in computers i tried to install XP which refused because it can not find any installed harddrive.i removed the bios setup batterry also it only unset the time and date but nothing else the reason why i went to the battery is when my computer starts and emmidiately press F10 it gives me setup and ask me to enter setup key which i dont have and looks blanks without any other option when i press anywhere in the keyboard it does not respond but will respond when i press enter.ok so far vista failed after i tried to install many times and also xp whch gave an error message that no harddisk found.i looked for a new vista op i tried it , it reinstalled normally to the end it asked me of the admin name and password i entered then computer name i entered then it continued to check perfomance of the computer it did so then it rebooted which now game the problem i asked in the.when i press any key i reach a command line like it instruct me but i really bont know what to type there.if you know tell me please. Again when i press Esc it gives me 3 option of windows vista , windows NT/2000/XP,THEN COMMAND LINE, BUT WHITH THIS OPTIONS I AM BEING ASKED TO CHOOSE ONE OF THEM AND EDIT, or boot .for editing i dont kow when triying to boot it fails.
      Having trouble finding your first topic?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,82784.0.html

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 08:39:21 AM »
      You kinda avoided my question.

Anyways, please continue here:
      http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=82784.0;num_replies=4

Post your reply to that topic please. I'm closing this one because first, we don't support double-topics and second, this is in the wrong section.