Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Interesting problem  (Read 1885 times)

Gizmologist

Topic Starter

Beginner

Interesting problem
    « on: May 13, 2009, 09:55:07 AM »
    Most folks have computers that shut down unexpectedly.

Mine starts up by itself after I do a legit shutdown. The machine says "Saving Your  Settings", says "Windows is shutting down", then shuts off. After about 5 seconds it starts up again and works fine. Any ideas?

BaRR

Beginner

• Certifications: List
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Interesting problem
      « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 12:57:43 PM »
      Quoted from the Microsoft website:

"This behavior may occur if Windows throws a fatal error during a typical operation or during the shutdown process. By default, the computer is configured to automatically restart during a fatal error."

What I suggest you do, is right click on "My Computer" select "Manage." Select each of the logs, and post any errors that correspond with the time that you shut off your computer. With this information, we might shed some light on the issue at hand.

Cityscape

Adviser

• Running Debian 8, Linux Mint and Windows 10.
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Interesting problem
      « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 02:17:03 PM »
      Your computer start/restart button may be partially broken.
      Mine is. On mine there are 2 wires connecting to the the start/restart button & when they touch the computer starts or restarts. It depends what kind of start/restart button you have...if it's one like mine this may be your prob.

Cheers ;)