Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer programming...(I think)  (Read 2804 times)

mwaza

computer programming...(I think)
« on: May 20, 2009, 10:40:40 AM »
I recently got a computer. It was sold to my friend from her work... since it is a work computer there is a default backround and screensaver. I have tried to change them but all the areas are greyed out so i cannot select them.. All i want is to have a personalised computer.. What must I do to be able to change it??? please help me.. Thanks a mil.

Griff

Intermediate

• Experience: Expert
    Re: computer programming...(I think)
    « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »
    You need to get admin privileges to do that. It sounds like that system is still set up in a 'business account mode.'

I would just try to reinstall windows for security reasons. You have no idea what has happened to that computer while it was in use, and it would be best to give it a fresh install.
    Don't forget to give thanks if I was able to help ya! Please?

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: computer programming...(I think)
    « Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 03:21:56 PM »
    You need to get admin privileges to do that. It sounds like that system is still set up in a 'business account mode.'

I would just try to reinstall windows for security reasons. You have no idea what has happened to that computer while it was in use, and it would be best to give it a fresh install.
    Yeah. A fresh install would allow you to access full admin accounts and other options.
    Where's MagicSpeed?
    Quote from: 'matt'
    He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.