Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ms word frontpage update  (Read 2122 times)

cristopher

ms word frontpage update
« on: May 13, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »
I downloaded a MS front page update along with other standard ms updates and now when I try to open ANY word program,  I'm prompted to install original Microsoft CD to continue. I don't have the original CD!! I acquired laptop used......Any help?  PLEASE....All of my word programs are disabled and I can't survive with out my work. Thanks for any help.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: ms word frontpage update
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:47:17 AM »
Did these updates come via Windows Automatic Updates or did you go directly to Microsoft's website and manually initiate them? 
All of my word programs are disabled ...
You mean Word files, not "word programs", don't you?  Word is one program, or part of a larger program (MS Office).  Can you open Word?  Do other Office components (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) work?

You may have a serious software license issue here.  You may not have a valid software license for MS Office.  How do you know someone else isn't using the same edition of Office that's installed on your computer?  Any time you buy a used computer and do not get the original CD for software that's installed on it, you should be suspicious of the legitimacy of the license for that software.

You may need to buy a legitimate copy of Office.   ;)

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: ms word frontpage update
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 01:51:51 PM »
You may have a serious software license issue here.  You may not have a valid software license for MS Office.

www.howtotell.com