Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Resolution help  (Read 3080 times)

Chris Smith

Resolution help
« on: May 16, 2005, 06:14:45 AM »
When I turned on my computer (Dell 5150 Laptop running Windows XP Home) this morning, the resolution was different. Different how? Well, the startmenu bar was smaller, the text on the icons was smaller(the icons may be slightly smaller, but its hard to tell, because everything isnt to scale like it usually is), when I right-clicked, the text was smaller on the labels, etc. When I opened Internet Explorer, everything was smaller also, however my text-size setting had not changed. Also, when I opened a folder, everything was smaller as well. I tried changing resolutions and changing font size settings without much luck. Any help would be great, thanks.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Resolution help
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 08:48:06 AM »
Your resolution has been reset... On the desktop... Right-click, and select properties... Click on the settings tab... In the resolution screen size area, you should see 1024 x 768 (This will appear as a scroll bar), clide it over to 800 x 600... Click Apply, and ok... This should fix your problem...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Chris Smith

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 08:53:06 AM »
thats not the problem... ive tried it... the resolution seems higher, but when i lower it, the text is too large and blurry

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 12:41:59 PM »
What video card do you have? Go to your video card manufacturer's webiste, and update the drivers for your card.... Also, have you you made any changes to your system lately?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Chris Smith

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200

i didnt make any changes... just happened somehow

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 03:34:54 PM »
Have you tried going to http://www.nvidia.com , and updating the drivers for your card?

[glb]Flame[/glb]